Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £4.95Trending at £8.99
- £6.90Trending at £7.03
- £25.75Trending at £26.99
- £7.42Trending at £10.00
- £7.28Trending at £9.98
- £6.79Trending at £9.01
- £4.99Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionOld Norse texts offer different ideas about what it is to be female, presenting women in diverse social and economic positions. This book analyzes female characters in medieval Icelandic saga literature, and demonstrates how they engaged with some of the most contested values of the period, revealing the anxieties of both the authors and audiences.
- Author BiographyJohanna Katrin Fridriksdottir is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at The Arni Magnusson Institute for Icelandic Studies, Iceland. She has published several articles on Old Norse-Icelandic prose and poetry.
- Author(s)Johanna Katrin Fridriksdottir
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/03/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleThe New Middle Ages
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteXIV, 192 p.
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.