All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.22Trending at £23.57
- £13.74Trending at £18.33
- £16.22Trending at £20.30
- £12.65Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.65
- £12.49Trending at £13.91
- £15.56Trending at £16.04
About this product
- DescriptionPoints to the important role of women as key characters in Polish films, such as the enduring female figure in Polish culture, the Polish Mother, female characters in socialist realistic cinema, women depicted in the films of the Polish School, solidarity heroines, and women in the films from the postcommunist period.
- Author BiographyEwa Mazierska is Senior Lecturer in Film and Media, Department of Humanities, University of Central Lancashire. Her publications include Dreams and Diaries: The Cinema of Nanni Moretti (2004, co-author Laura Rascaroli), From Moscow to Madrid: European Cities and Postmodern Cinema (2003, co-author Laura Rascaroli), and Relocating Britishness (2004, co-ed.). El bieta Ostrowska teaches film in Department of Media and Audiovisual Culture, University of GBPod , Poland. She co-edited The Cinema of Andrzej Wajda. The Art of Irony and Defiance (2003) and Gender in Film and the Media. East-West Dialogues (2000).
- PublisherBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/12/2005
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationHerndon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight351 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byElzbieta Ostrowska,Ewa Mazierska
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.