All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEchoes the vigour, good humour and skill of Paul Verlaine's poems about carnal love.
- Author BiographyAlistair Elliot is a freelance poet and verse translator, born in Liverpool in 1932. 'My Country', his collected poems, came out in 1989. His 'Italian Landscape Poems' and his translation of Euripides' 'Medea', made for the Almeida Theatre and Diana Rigg, appeared in 1993. He has also published as parallel texts a version of Heine's 'Lazarus Poems', a selection of 'French Love Poems', Valery's 'La Jeune Parque', and an annotated edition of Virgil's and Dryden's 'Georgics'. His selection of 'Roman Food Poems', translations from the great Roman poets about the basis of society, what we eat and how we eat it, came out in 2003. He lives in Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Author(s)Paul Verlaine
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2004
- Language(s)English & French
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight186 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byAlistair Elliot
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.54Trending at £9.03
- £8.66Trending at £8.86
- £12.06Trending at £12.31
- £7.27Trending at £9.97
- £7.33Trending at £7.78
- £7.19Trending at £9.99
- £7.25Trending at £9.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.