Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £5.98Trending at £6.28
- £10.32Trending at £13.53
- £10.17Trending at £12.98
- £9.62Trending at £11.47
- £9.52Trending at £12.04
- £7.64Trending at £7.99
- £7.44Trending at £9.03
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of short stories details the plight of urban Algerian women and raises serious issues. The stories criticise the post-colonial regime, for denying and subjugating women whilst celebrating men's liberation. Clarisse Zimra's afterword includes an informing interview with the author.
- Author BiographyAssia Djebar is also the author of several novels and a play. Her novel Fantasia, an Algerian Cavalcade won the Franco-Arab Friendship Prize and she has written and directed two feature-length films: La nouba des femmes du Mont Chenoua, which won first prize at the Venice Festival, and La zerda et les chants de l'oubli. Djebar is director of the Center for French and Francophone Studies at Louisiana State University.Marjolijn de Jager has published numerous translations of literary works.Clarisse Zimra is Associate Professor of English in Modern Literary Theory and Criticism and Comparative Literature at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale.
- Author(s)Assia Djebar
- PublisherUniversity of Virginia Press
- Date of Publication30/09/1999
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleCARAF Books: Caribbean and African Literature Translated from French
- Place of PublicationCharlottesville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Virginia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byMarjolijn De Jager
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.