CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.48Trending at £6.43
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.12Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £9.68
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
- £13.65Trending at £14.06
- £18.71Trending at £20.39
About this product
- DescriptionAmong the most prominent icons of the American south is that of the southern belle, immortalized by such figures as Scarlett O'Hara, Dolly Madison, and Lucy Pickens (whose elegant image graced the Confederate $100 bill). This title fills a gap in southern history and women's history.
- Author BiographyChristie Ane Farnham is Associate Professor of History at Iowa State University and Founder of The Journal of Women's History. Currently at work on a history of African American women, she is the author of The Education of the Southern Belle: Higher Education in the Antebellum South.
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/1997
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byChristie Anne Farnham
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.