CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.24Trending at £10.95
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £28.00Trending at £30.19
- £15.72Trending at £15.91
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting a study of word frequency effects on sound change, this book aims to provide a resolution of the Neogrammarian controversy. It discusses the implications for phonology and historical linguistics of certain types of change affecting the most frequent words first and other types of change affecting the least frequent words first.
- Author BiographyBETTY S. PHILLIPS is a Professor of Linguistics in the Department of Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics at Indiana State University, USA. Her articles on the lexical diffusion of sound change have appeared in American Speech, Journal of English Linguistics, Language, Linguistics and Word.
- Author(s)Betty S. Phillips
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication29/09/2006
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in Language History and Language Change
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight490 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.