All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLexicology is the branch of linguistics that studies all aspects of the vocabulary of a particular language. Serving as an introduction to the lexicology of modern English, this book provides an account of the sources of modern English words and studies the development of vocabulary over time. It examines what words are and how they are made up.
- Author BiographyHoward Jackson is Professor of English Language and Linguistics at the School of English at the University of Central England in Birmingham. Etienne Ze Amvela is Vice-Rector in charge of Inspection at the University of Yaounde I and Head of the Department of English and Foreign Languages at the University of Douala, Cameroon.
- Author(s)Etienne Ze Amvela,Howard Jackson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £17.22Trending at £18.30
- £11.97Trending at £12.76
- £9.64Trending at £9.99
- £15.77Trending at £19.99
- £13.31Trending at £16.99
- £13.34Trending at £18.98
- £16.12Trending at £19.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.