Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.12
- £6.49Trending at £6.67
- £6.59Trending at £9.95
- £25.99Trending at £28.42
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
About this product
- DescriptionProviding strategic assistance for teachers working with native Spanish speakers, this text helps teachers to develop a routine for introducing the English vocabulary that will help students learn the vocabulary before they sort.
- Author BiographyLori Helman Loriis associate professor in literacy education in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Minnesota. Her research and writing have focused extensively on the reading and spelling development of students learning English as a new language, including other Words Their Way(R) instructional materials for English learners. She has also edited a text for teachers, Literacy Development with English Learners. Donald R. Bear Donald is director of the E. L. Cord Foundation Center for Learning and Literacy where he and preservice, Master's and doctoral students teach and assess children who struggle to learn to read and write. Donald is a professor in the Department of Educational Specialties in the College of Education at the University of Nevada, Reno. Donald has been a classroom teacher and he researches and writes about literacy development and instruction. He is an author of numerous articles, book chapters, and books, including Words Their Way(R), Words Their Way(R) with English Learners, and Vocabulary Their Way. Marcia Invernizzi Marcia Invernizzi is Director of the McGuffey Reading Center at the University of Virginia exploring developmental universals in non-English orthographies. A former English and reading teacher, Marcia works with children experiencing difficulties learning to read and write in intervention programs such as Virginia's Early Intervention Reading Initiative and Book Buddies. Shane Templeton Shane Templetonis Foundation Professor of Literacy Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno. A former classroom teacher at the primary and secondary levels, he researches the development of orthographic and vocabulary knowledge Francine Johnston Francine Johnston is Associate Professor in the School of Education at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, where she teaches reading, language arts, and children's literature. A former first-grade teacher and reading specialist.
- Author(s)Donald R. Bear,Francine R. Johnston,Lori R. Helman,Marcia R. Invernizzi,Shane R. Templeton
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication09/06/2008
- GenreELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.