Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £10.48Trending at £13.47
- £5.50Trending at £5.99
- £9.52Trending at £11.94
- £8.84Trending at £9.07
- £1.88Trending at £2.57
- £6.72Trending at £6.96
- £7.64Trending at £7.72
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes stories such as - Mr Loveday's Little Outing ; Cruise ; Period Piece ; On Guard ; An Englishman's Home ; Excursion in Reality ; Bella Fleace Gave a Party ; Winner Takes All ; Work Suspended ; Scott-King's Modern Europe ; Basil Seal Rides Again ; and Charles Ryder's Schooldays .
- Author BiographyEvelyn Waugh was born in Hampstead in 1903 and educated at Hertford College, Oxford. In 1928 he published his first novel, Decline and Fall, which was soon followed by Vile Bodies, Black Mischief (1932), A Handful of Dust (1934) and Scoop (1938). During these years he also travelled extensively and converted to Catholicism. In 1939 Waugh was commissioned in the Royal Marines and later transferred to the Royal Horse Guards, experiences which informed his Sword of Honour trilogy (1952-61). His most famous novel, Brideshead Revisited (1945), was written while on leave from the army. Waugh died in 1966.
- Author(s)Evelyn Waugh
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/12/2000
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight236 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- young45ish14 May, 2013by
Clean, well packaged and quick delivery, just the job x grandma chrissie x
Lovely clean book, well packaged and posted quickly, a cheap exciting read, just the job x grandma chrissie x
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.