Workers in Hard Times: A Long View of Economic Crises by University of Illinois Press (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £16.33Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by bookbarn-international
- Est. delivery by 24 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSeeking to historicize today's Great Recession, this volume includes essays that uses examples from North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia to situate the current economic crisis and its impact on workers in the context of previous abrupt shifts in the modern-day capitalist marketplace.
- Author BiographyLeon Fink is Distinguished Professor of History at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the author of Sweatshops at Sea: Merchant Seamen in the World's First Globalized Industry, from 1812 to 2000. Joseph McCartin is a professor of history at Georgetown University and the author of Collision Course: Ronald Reagan, the Air Traffic Controllers, and the Strike that Changed America. Joan Sangster is a professor of gender and women's studies at Trent University and the author of Transforming Labour: Women and Work in Postwar Canada.
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleWorking Class in American History
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byJoan Sangster,Joseph A. McCartin,Leon Fink
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £18.99Trending at £26.40
- £45.12Trending at £47.58
- £38.13Trending at £42.29
- £12.21Trending at £15.88
- £8.33Trending at £10.01
- £13.11Trending at £13.62
- £12.86Trending at £16.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.