Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £22.63
- £8.66Trending at £11.91
- £10.99Trending at £11.55
- £16.94Trending at £25.63
- £19.56Trending at £26.34
- £13.74Trending at £18.33
- £16.22Trending at £20.30
About this product
- DescriptionOffers fundamental, basic knowledge of the intricacies of drilling fluid, drilled solids management, drill bits, drill string design, directional drilling, cementing, casing, hydraulic optimization, and a discussion of predominant problems such as stuck pipe and lost circulation.
- Author BiographyWilliam C. Lyons, Ph.D., P.E. (retired), holds nine patents in industrial drilling and has been responsible for the development of several important innovations in drilling and production technology. He is the lead Editor of the Standard Handbook of Petroleum and Gas Engineering, 3rd edition, publishing with Elsevier and co-author of several other professional books in drilling and production engineering for the petroleum industry. Dr. Lyons was a Professor in Petroleum Engineering and in Mechanical Engineering at the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology for 30 years. He also served two one-year tours as a Distinguished Visiting Professor in Mechanical Engineering at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs during his academic career. Since retiring from teaching, Dr. Lyons is currently a Technical Learning Advisor with Chevron's Clear Leader Center in Houston, TX.
- Author(s)William C. Lyons
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGulf Professional Publishing
- Content NoteApprox. 224 illustrations; Illustrations, unspecified
- Weight960 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.