All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study explores the place and function of affect in feminist knowledge production, investigating what it means to work with and through affect, as well as the kinds of ethical and methodological challenges that this involves.
- Author BiographyDr Marianne Liljestrom is Professor of Women's Studies at the University of Turku, Finland. She has published articles on Nordic and Soviet women's history, and edited and written parts of three textbooks in Finnish on feminist theory and methodology. Her most recent publications include the co-edited anthology Models of Self. Russian Women's Autobiographical Texts (2000), and the edited volume Feminist Knowing - Discussions on Methodology (in Finnish, 2004). Her latest monograph Useful Selves: Russian Women's Autobiographical Texts from the Post-War Period was published in 2004. Dr Susanna Paasonen is a research fellow at the Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies, University of Helsinki. Her teaching and research interests include Internet research, feminist theory, pornography and popular culture. She is the author of Figures of Fantasy: Women, Internet and Cyberdiscourse (2005) as well as the co-editor of Women and Everyday Uses of the Internet: Agency & Identity (2002) and Pornification: Sex and Sexuality in Media Culture (2007). Her work has recently appeared in the journals Feminist Theory, The Velvet Light Trap and European Journal of Cultural Studies.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleTransformations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMarianne Liljestrom,Susanna Paasonen
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.81
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £19.97
- £5.09Trending at £5.57
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £10.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.