Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.54Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £8.83
- £12.06Trending at £12.31
- £7.07Trending at £9.98
- £7.33Trending at £7.91
- £7.21Trending at £9.98
- £7.25Trending at £7.51
About this product
- DescriptionSheds light on the words of Hesiod and the world of Archaic Greece. This volume includes Hesiod's Works and Days and Theogony , two of the oldest non-Homeric poems to survive. It provides a glimpse into the everyday life of ordinary people in the eighth century BCE.
- Author BiographyDaryl Hine is an award-winning poet and translator. The former editor of Poetry and a MacArthur fellow, he has published more than a dozen volumes of his own poetry and translations, including Theocritus: Idylls and Epigrams; Ovid's Heroides : A Verse Translation; and Puerilities: Erotic Epigrams of The Greek Anthology.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication14/08/2007
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight248 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byDaryl Hine
- Translated byDaryl Hine
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.