Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £19.99Trending at £27.99
- £40.00Trending at £48.68
- £15.44Trending at £19.98
- £13.64Trending at £15.94
- £11.15Trending at £14.95
- £7.99Trending at £9.48
- £13.52Trending at £20.11
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first comprehensive account of the numerous attempts made since the Second World War to provide food security for all. It provides a reference source for all those involved and interested in food security issues.
- Author BiographyD. JOHN SHAW was associated with the United Nations World Food Programme for over thirty years, almost from the start of its operations in 1963, latterly as Economic Adviser and Chief of its Policy Affairs Service. He was also a Consultant to the Commonwealth Secretariat, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), and the World Bank. Previously, he was a postgraduate in Agricultural Economics at the University of Oxford, UK, Senior Lecturer in Rural Economy at the University of Khartoum, Sudan, and Fellow in Agricultural Economics and a founder member of the Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex, UK. He has written extensively on development, food security and food aid issues and now serves on the International Editorial Board of the journal Food Policy.
- Author(s)D. John Shaw
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication28/09/2007
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight955 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.