All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Fiction
Save on Children's Fiction
- £65.98Trending at £67.93
- £26.31Trending at £27.79
- £3.04Trending at £3.25
- £14.97Trending at £15.20
- £3.29Trending at £3.48
- £2.94Trending at £2.99
- £2.79Trending at £4.99
About this product
- DescriptionWith fighting facts and black-and-white photographs, this collection of stories presents a suitable introduction to events that shaped the twentieth century. It reveals how the 250,000 soldiers who stormed the beaches of Normandy fared against the waiting German army; and a bomber damaged in the air over Berlin defeated the odds and made it home.
- Author BiographyPeter Hepplewhite is an escaped history teacher, currently hiding in the Tyne and Wear Archives Service, where he works as Education Officer. He has been a freelance writer for more than ten years, starting with school textbooks before he realized that war stories were more thrilling. Neil Tonge is a successful children's author steeped in a love of history. His books include a wide range to cater for all ages and tastes.
- Author(s)Neil Tonge,Peter Hepplewhite
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/05/2005
- GenreChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Out-of-print date13/07/2007
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, 40 black & white halftones
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 9 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.