Best-selling in Other Books, Comics, Magazines
Save on Other Books, Comics, Magazines
- £65.23Trending at £130.00
- £71.91Trending at £76.05
- £60.68Trending at £64.99
- £50.64Trending at £54.99
- £19.23Trending at £29.86
- £53.37Trending at £83.65
- £15.99Trending at £16.37
About this product
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- Series TitleThe Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Weight494 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byFrauke Uhlenbruch,Steven J. Schweitzer
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction Testing utopia as a contemporary method in biblical studies Worlds that could not be: Is Thomas More's Utopia modern? Terje Stordalen, University of Oslo, Norway 'Utopia where it is to be hoped that the coffee is a little less sour'?: Dr Who's 'Utopia' and Chronicles Gerrie Snyman, University of South Africa, South Africa King Solomon or King Utopus?: A game of utopian pastiche in 2 Chronicles 1-9 Frauke Uhlenbruch, independent scholar After exile, under empire: utopian identity negotiations in Ezra-Nehemiah and Chronicles Exile, empire, and prophecy: reframing utopian concerns in Chronicles Steven J. Schweitzer, Bethany Theological Seminary, USA Writing and the Chronicler: authorship, ambivalence, and utopia Donald Polaski, Randolph-Macon College, USA Re-negotiating a putative utopia and the stories of the rejection of foreign wives in Ezra-Nehemiah Ehud Ben Zvi, University of Alberta, Canada Antagonized utopia in Ezra-Nehemiah Jeremiah Cataldo, Grand Valley State University, USA Searching for the place: theologies of utopia Taking the reader into utopia Matthias Jendrek, Theological Faculty Paderborn, Germany Searching the 'place' in Chronicles: a u-topia? Thomas Willi, University Greifswald, Germany Response: Utopia and its use by Biblical Scholars as seen by a utopian scholar Vincent Geoghegan, Queens University Belfast, UK Bibliography Index
- Author BiographySteven J. Schweitzer is Academic Dean and Associate Professor at Bethany Theological Seminary, USA. Frauke Uhlenbruch is Editor of the project 'Encyclopedia of the Bible and its Reception' at De Gruyter's publishing house.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.