Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £9.51Trending at £9.78
- £16.29Trending at £19.14
- £4.51Trending at £6.01
- £10.15Trending at £13.48
- £4.48Trending at £4.76
- £7.21Trending at £7.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe latest book book in the SAGE Studies in International Sociology series, published in association with the International Sociological Association (ISA).
- Author BiographySaid Amir Arjomand (Ph.D, University of Chicago, 1980) has been at Stony Brook since 1978, and is currently the Editor of the Journal of Persianate Studies. Arjomand is the author of The Shadow of God and the Hidden Imam: Religion, Political Organization and Societal Change in Shi'ite Iran from the Beginning to l890, the University of Chicago Press, l984; The Turban for the Crown. The Islamic revolution in Iran, Oxford University Press, 1988; and After Khomeini, Iran under his Successors, Oxford University Press, 2009. His article, Constitutions and the Struggle for Political Order: A Study in the Modernization of Political Traditions, European Journal of Sociology/Archives europeennes de sociologie,, 33.4 (1992), won the Section's Award for the Best Essay in Comparative and Historical Sociology in 1993. This was followed by The Law, Agency and Policy in Medieval Islamic Society: Development of the Institutions of Learning from the Tenth to the Fifteenth Century, Comparative Studies in Society and History, 41.2 (1999). He had recently edited two books on comparative constitutionalism: Constitutionalism and Political Reconstruction, Brill, 2007, and Constitutional Politics in the Middle East, Hart Publishing, 2008. Professor Arjomand was the Crane Inaugural Fellow in Law and Public Policy at the Woodrow Wilson School, Princeton University, and a Carnegie Scholar (2006 - 2008). Arjomand is concurrently Director of the Stony Brook Institute for Global Studies, guiding its project on the integration of social theory and regional studies, and has edited its first volume, Social Theory and Regional Studies in the Global Age, SUNY Press (forthcoming). He also helped organized the Thematic Plenaries on Worlds of Difference at the World Congress of Sociology in Gothenburg, Sweden, in July 2010, and is the co-editor of a volume under the same title to be published by Sage.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication08/08/2013
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleSage Studies in International Sociology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight417 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byElisa P. Reis,Said Arjomand
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.