Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £4.07Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by big-bang-books
- Est. delivery by 26 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTraces the journey made by a casualty from battlefield to a hospital in Britain. This book tells a story through the testimony of those who cared for him - stretcher bearers and medical officers, surgeons and chaplains, orderlies and nurses - from the aid post in the trenches to casualty clearing station and the ambulance train back to Blighty.
- Author BiographyEmily Mayhew is the author of Wounded: From Battlefield to Blighty, 1914-1918. She is Research Associate at Imperial College and consultant and lecturer to various museums including the Wellcome Collection, the Imperial War Museum and the Royal College of Surgeons. Her first book, The Reconstruction of Warriors, was published in 2004. Emily's primary research interest is the history of the medical treatment of severe casualty in 20th and 21st century warfare. She is determined to ensure that, in particular, the work and courage of the stretcher bearers of the Great War is properly represented during the centenary commemorations. During Autumn of 2014 she will be speaking at the Royal Institution, the Cheltenham Literary Festival, the Royal Society of Medicine, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, the Liverpool History Society, the Florence Nightingale Museum, and the Bath Royal Literary and Scientific Institution Great War Centenary Commemoration.
- PrizesShortlisted for Wellcome Trust Book Prize 2014.
- Author(s)Emily Mayhew
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- GenreTrue Military / Combat Stories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Bodley Head Ltd
- Out-of-print date16/03/2016
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white), maps (black and white)
- Weight583 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
Most relevant reviews
- champion430120 Apr, 2017by
lldfant book anybody interested in the Great War willl find this book riverting but very moving and sad
Really good reading well worth a read
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £5.90Trending at £11.68
- £6.58Trending at £7.05
- £14.01Trending at £20.58
- £14.56Trending at £19.99
- £4.90Trending at £5.94
- £11.94Trending at £20.15
- £10.58Trending at £12.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.