All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGoing beyond offering only patterns, Woven to Wear encourages a mindful approach to the craft. Rather than simply following instructions and using what the loom produces, readers are prompted to produce fabric they want, through yarn selection, weave structure, and deliberate finishing techniques.
- Author BiographyA long-time veteran of the fiber world, Marilyn Murphy is the author of The Weaver's Companion and a contributor to Handwoven Magazine. She founded the Textile Arts Centre in Chicago, where she owned the Weaving Workshop and taught hundreds of people how to weave. Marilyn is also a former co-owner of Isis Designs, a women's limited-edition handwoven outerwear and accessories company; she has also designed and woven custom clothing for women and interiors. She currently works as a consultant for Interweave, and is the editorial video director for video workshops and Knitting Daily TV. In 2010 she was awarded the TEN Award by The National Needlework Association. This award is presented annually to those individuals recognized for their outstanding contributions made to the needle art industry. Marilyn lives in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Author(s)Marilyn Murphy
- PublisherInterweave Press Inc
- Date of Publication12/08/2013
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLoveland, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width215 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £11.32Trending at £14.99
- £9.27Trending at £12.99
- £18.39Trending at £26.08
- £13.82Trending at £22.99
- £10.82Trending at £13.78
- £9.79Trending at £11.98
- £19.77Trending at £27.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.