CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.08Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £17.89Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing NCTM standards, this second edition offers a wide range of practical writing strategies to help students deepen their understanding of mathematical concepts and theories.
- Author BiographyAndrew S. Rothstein has had a distinguished career as a teacher, administrator, and researcher. His diverse and enriching experiences in international schools, special education, public schools, and consulting have given him a broad perspective of the contexts in which children learn. As an author and presenter, he has achieved wide acclaim for his work in improving school performance by focusing on improving instruction and its supervision. His work in integrating many subject areas through writing has been highly effective in improving test scores in districts across the country. As principal, Rothstein led site-based improvements that resulted in strong increases in student academic performance. While superintendent of a regional school serving children with severe physical disabilities and health impairments, Rothstein reorganized staff development, created new curricula, and integrated technology into the instructional program for children for children from prekindergarten through high school. He has been an adjunct professor at Southern Connecticut State University and Touro College. Rothstein earned a master's degree in special education from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a doctorate in educational administration from New York University. Evelyn Rothstein has been an educational consultant specializing in teaching writing across the curriculum for the past twenty years. With a background in classroom teaching and a specialization in linguistics and language development, she has trained teachers and implemented her strategy-based Writing As Learning and Write for Mathematics programs in hundreds of schools and school districts throughout the United States. She is the author of numerous books and articles, including Writing as Learning and Write for Mathematics. Rothstein is a graduate of the City University of New York and Teachers College, Columbia University with degrees in education, speech, reading, and psycholinguistics. Dr. Gerald Lauber, currently Chief Operating Officer of the National Urban Alliance previously served as superintendent in three New York State school districts, where he initiated programs to meet the needs of diverse student populations while stabilizing long-range fiscal plans. Under his administration, state-of-the-art computer assisted instructional programs, as well as innovative writing and mathematics programs were put into place. As President and CEO of Purewater Sciences and Melric Technologies he developed a corporate perspective on what schools must provide to prepare children for success in the workplace and the world in which they live. Dr. Lauber's writings have appeared in Electronic School, THE Journal, American School Boards Journal , New York Slate Education, Viewpoints, Newsday and other publications. Dr. Lauber co-authored Writing as Learning and Write for Mathematics and makes numerous presentations for school districts across the country. Dr. Lauber has an MA and MED in School Administration from Teachers College and an Ed.D. in Systems Administration from New York University.
- Author(s)Andrew S. Rothstein,Evelyn B. Rothstein,Gerald Lauber
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/09/2006
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.