Writers on Organizations by Professor Derek Salman Pugh, David J. Hickson (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £44.57+ £0.40 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery_specialist
- See details for delivery est.
- £3.59+ £6.94 P&P
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by massivebooksuk
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £12.28Trending at £14.50
- £19.99Trending at £27.98
- £29.59Trending at £37.92
- £19.38Trending at £20.29
- £38.90Trending at £59.99
- £7.72Trending at £7.88
- £5.62Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an overview of the field of organizations studies through the views of leading writers. Providing coverage of the cutting-edge theories in management, this book includes the discussion of approximately eleven new writers. It helps the reader understand and classify different types of organizations.
- Author BiographyDerek S. Pugh is Emeritus Professor of International Manage-ment at the Open University, United Kingdom, having previously been at the Universities of Edinburgh and Aston, the London Business School, and the Open University Business School. He has been a visiting professor at business schools in France, Germany, Israel, and Italy and is a Fellow of the British Psychological Society, the Royal Statistical Society, the Italian Academy of Business Administration, and the International Acad-emy of Management. He has served as Chairman and Honorary Vice-President of the Association of Teachers of Management of the United Kingdom and as editor of the newsletter of the British Academy of Management. He is a founding Academician of the British Academy of Learned Societies for the Social Sciences, and an Honorary Fellow of the University of Northampton. Professor Pugh is joint author and editor of 12 books, including the first three volumes of the Aston research program: PUGH, D.S. (ed.) The Aston Programme, vols 1, 2 and 3, Ashgate(Dartmouth), 1998. His latest books are Great Writers on Organizations: The Second Omnibus Edition (2000, Dartmouth Publishing, with David J. Hickson), How to Get a Ph.D. (4th ed., 2005, Open University Press, with Estelle M. Phillips), Management Worldwide (enhanced ed., 2001, Penguin Books, with David J. Hickson), and Anglo-German Business Collaboration: Pitfalls and Potentials (1996, Macmillan, with Dagmar Ebster-Grosz). His edited volume Organization Theory: Selected Classic Readings (5th ed., Penguin Books) appears in 2007. David J. Hickson is Emeritus Professor of International Management and Organization at Bradford School of Management, England. His prin-cipal research interests are how societal culture affects managerial decision making in different nations and what influences the success of major decisions. His previous research has included processes of mana-gerial decision making, power in organizations, and bureaucratization. He was founding Editor-in-Chief of the international research journal Organization Studies; a founder of the European research association in his field, the European Group for Organizational Studies (EGOS); and a founding member of the British Academy of Management. He has held appointments in university business schools and research institutes in Canada, the United States, and the Netherlands, has an Honorary Ph.D. from the University of Umea in Sweden, and has lectured widely around the world. He has published numerous research journal papers and book chapters and is author or editor of eight books, most recently Management in Western Europe (1993, DeGruyter) and Management Worldwide: Distinctive Styles Amid Globalization ( enhanced ed, 2001, Penguin Books, with Derek S. Pugh). Prior to becoming an academic, David Hickson worked in financial administration and qualified profes-sionally as a chartered secretary and in personnel management.
- Author(s)David J. Hickson,Professor Derek Salman Pugh
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/2007
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.