CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £15.72Trending at £17.42
- £26.62Trending at £27.30
- £24.96Trending at £30.99
- £19.99Trending at £24.09
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £16.77Trending at £26.92
- £17.29Trending at £19.94
About this product
- DescriptionExtend the capabilities of the Apache Web server with this guide to programming which explains the design of the Perl and API and demonstrates how to use them to rewrite CGI scripts, filter HTML documents on the server-side, enhance server log functionality, convert file formats on the fly and more.
- Author BiographyLincoln Stein is an assistant investigator at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, where he develops databases and user interfaces for the Human Genome Project using the Apache server and its module API. He is the author of several books about programming for the web, including The Official Guide to CGI.pm, How to Set Up and Maintain a Web Site, and Web Security: A Step-by-Step Reference Guide. Doug MacEachern has been addicted to Perl and web servers since early 1994 when he was introduced to Plexus as a student employee at the University of Arizona. Soon after returning to his home town of Boston, Massachusetts, and entering the real world, he discovered the Apache web server, and since early 1996, he has been gluing Perl into all its nooks and crannies. His day job has consisted of integrating various other technologies with the web, including DCE, Kerberos, and GSSAPI, but Perl has been the only one he cannot let go of. Doug has continued as a developer disguised as a consultant since the start of 1998, spending most of his time between Auckland, New Zealand, and San Francisco, California, with time at home in Boston during the warmer months. Doug likes to spend his time away from software-far, far away, sailing on the ocean, diving below it, or simply looking at it from a warm, sandy beach where technology doesn't go much beyond thatched huts and blenders.
- Author(s)Doug MacEachern,Lincoln D. Stein
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication17/11/1998
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1060 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.