All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work shows how to write articles for a wide variety of newspapers and magazines, and examines the different techniques required. It analyzes a variety of published articles to show what makes them succeed for their audiences.
- Author BiographyAs a staff journalist early in his career he worked on magazines in various editorial posts including Chief Subeditor and Assistant Editor on Country Life. As a London-based freelance he concentrated on articles on the arts, interviews and reviews for various newspapers, including The Times and The Guardian, and for various magazine, including the Radio Times and other weeklies.While working in Bogota, Colombia (1971-75) as Coordinator of Studies in the English Department of the School of Translation and Interpreting, Rosario University, his journalism included work as a foreign correspondent (stringer) for The Sunday Times, Time Magazine, Newsweek and the Buenos Aires Herald. He founded, directed and presented a weekly half-hour programme in Spanish called Encuentros Culturales (Cultural Encounters), for a radio station, Emisora Mariana de Bogota. For this he interviewed ambassadors and businessmen from various countries.During 1975-76 in Madrid he wrote for McGraw-Hill Publications and the Adelaide Advertiser, among other publications. He wrote a weekly column, Inside Spain, for the Manchester Evening News.Lecturing and training include giving private tuition in English and essay writing skills through to university level; heading the English Department of the Haile Selassie I day School, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (1955-57); giving various writing skills courses to professionals; and lecturing in English Language and Literature for the British Council in Milan (1955-57), at the Rosario University, Bogota, and in Madrid.As a trainer in journalism he was Director of Studies at the College of Journalism in London from 1976 to 1987, and lecturer in feature writing at universities in London, including the University of Westminster postgraduate programme in Journalism Studies (1987-00). In 1987 he established the Brendan Hennessy consultancy, providing training in journalism and writing skills training for business organisations. From 1995 he has concentrated on this and on
- Author(s)Brendan Hennessy
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/1996
- GenreUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleFocal Press Journalism S.
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Out-of-print date21/11/2009
- Content Noteline drawings, bibliography, index
- Weight565 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.15
- £9.99Trending at £10.15
- £16.56Trending at £24.93
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £23.73Trending at £24.11
- £21.48Trending at £23.39
- £20.99Trending at £24.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.