All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £28.33Trending at £31.72
- £9.50Trending at £10.75
- £14.72Trending at £19.99
- £25.51Trending at £37.33
- £14.30Trending at £16.58
- £11.18Trending at £14.99
- £12.70Trending at £14.88
About this product
- DescriptionWriting and the Ancient State is a comparative study of the use of writing to create and maintain order in early states.
- Author BiographyWang Haicheng is an assistant professor in the School of Art, University of Washington, Seattle. His research centers on the art and archaeology of ancient China and the comparative study of early civilizations. Recent and forthcoming publications include a book chapter on the material record of the Erligang civilization, a chapter on urbanization and writing in The Cambridge World History, and papers on calligraphy and the archaeology of agency. He has lectured widely in the United States and China.
- Author(s)Haicheng Wang
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/05/2014
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note69 b/w illus. 26 colour illus. 15 maps
- Weight1090 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.