All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Jennifer Boyle
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/06/2017
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitlePalgrave Study Skills
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note27 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 212 p. 27 illus.
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2017
- Table Of ContentsPART I: UNDERSTANDING SCIENTIFIC WRITING.- Introduction.- Scientific Writing: What Makes it Different?.- PART II: PREPARING TO WRITE.- Understanding the Different Types of Academic Writing.- Interpreting the Question.- Researching the Topic and Gathering Materials.- Evaluating and Refining Your Materials.- Incorporating and Referencing Other People's Work.- Working with Data.- Being Critical.- PART III: GETTING DOWN TO WRITING.- Producing a Draft.- Making Sure Your Work Looks Its Best.- PART IV: REFLECTING ON YOUR WORK AND MOVING FORWARD.- Making the Most of Feedback.- Appendix 1: Exercises.- Appendix 2: Answers to Exercises.- Appendix 3: Annotated Further Reading.
- Author BiographyJennifer Boyle is Coordinator of the Writing Centre and Effective Writing Adviser for Postgraduate Researchers at the University of Glasgow, UK.Scott Ramsay is Effective Learning Adviser for the College of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, and Life Sciences at the University of Glasgow, UK.
Save on Society & Education
- £24.06Trending at £28.90
- £21.37Trending at £22.55
- £39.37Trending at £44.99
- £15.56Trending at £17.93
- £27.92Trending at £30.50
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £30.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.