Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £2.25Trending at £2.28
- £3.85Trending at £4.49
- £16.66Trending at £17.09
- £6.99Trending at £8.10
- £11.99Trending at £18.97
- £19.44Trending at £29.99
- £35.17Trending at £64.14
About this product
- DescriptionContributor Martin Padget's essay: Native Americans, the Photobook and the Southwest: Ansel Adams' and Mary Austin's Taos Pueblo was awarded the 2010 Arthur Miller Essay Prize. This book offers a collection of essays on the interface between literature and photography, as exemplified in important North American texts.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Mick Gidley is Emeritus Professor of American Literature and Culture at the University of Leeds. He has taught at universities in both the United Kingdom and the United States, and in 2005 was the William Robertson Coe Distinguished Visiting Professor of American Studies at the University of Wyoming. He has been awarded fellowships by the American Council of Learned Societies and the Netherlands Institute for Advanced Studies, grants by bodies such as the AHRC and the Leverhulme Trust, and a life-time Honorary Fellowship by the British Association for American Studies. Widely published in American literary and cultural history, he has written extensively on Native American themes, including three books on Edward S. Curtis. His other publications include essays on Richard Avedon, E. O. Hoppe and Native American photography.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication30/12/2009
- Series TitleAmerican Studies: Culture, Society & the Arts
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2009
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight480 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byMick Gidley
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.