CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.75
- £12.64Trending at £13.49
- £6.50Trending at £12.05
- £5.01Trending at £5.92
- £9.99Trending at £14.06
- £11.34Trending at £14.03
- £16.64Trending at £20.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis Symposium has lived so much in the shadow of the famous one by Plato, that it has not received a full commentary in English for well over a hundred years. Yet it gives the only alternative view of Socrates and has a wit and vigour of its own which paints a picture of a Greek society that makes it a document of prime historical importance.
- Author BiographyA.J. Bowen is currently teaching classics at Cambridge University having taught at Shrewsbury School for over twenty years. He is the author of several books on classical subjects including Plutarch's The Malice of Herodotus in this series.
- Author(s)A. J. Bowen
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- Language(s)Greek, ancient (to 1453)
- GenreBiography: General
- Series TitleAris & Phillips Classical Texts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAris & Phillips Ltd
- Content Notecommentary, notes
- Weight426 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.