Consider these sponsored items
- £12.68Free postage
- £19.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntends to be a source of encouragement, knowledge, and healing for those who have scoliosis and need to treat it, but want to avoid braces and/or surgery. This book looks at scoliosis not as a pathological syndrome but as a spiritual, and metaphysical pattern that embraces the multiple dimensions of the spine (vertical, horizontal, and sagittal).
- Author Biographyis originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. She was first certified as a Yoga teacher by the Integral Yoga Institute in New York City for levels 1, 2, and 3. She has been studying with the Iyengar family since 2001 and in 2005, she received certification from B.K.S. Iyengar at the Iyengar Yoga Institute. She now teaches children in New York City at the Bloomingdale Family Program. Marcia is a Body Mind Centering teacher, an Infant Developmental Educator, is registered as a somatic movement educator, and is one of a handful of people who have worked extensively with Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, founder of The School for Body-Mind Centering. Marcia has taught Yoga internationally, in Brazil, Canada, India, New Zealand, and the U.S. Currently she teaches classes and workshops on yoga and scoliosis and maintains a private practice in New York City and Rio de Janeiro.||Loren Martin Fishman, MD, BPhil (oxon.) attended Rush Presbyterian St. LukeC Medical School and received his certification to teach yoga from the Iyengar Yoga Institute in Poona, India. He is Assistant Clinical Professor in Rehabilitation at Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons and former President, New York Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Treasurer, Manhattan Institute for Cancer Research (Philanthropy).
- Author(s)Marcia Monroe
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- GenreFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Content Note255 b&w halftones
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Introduction byLoren Fishman
- Foreword byB. K. S. Iyengar
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £25.67Trending at £27.18
- £134.20Trending at £159.99
- £7.27Trending at £7.69
- £43.13Trending at £46.00
- £56.66Trending at £59.85
- £39.38Trending at £45.90
- £8.20Trending at £8.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.