All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explains how the six branches of yoga offer guidance and coping methods to those who have suffered bereavement or loss. Looking at the emotional, spiritual, philosophical elements, as well as the physical postures of yoga, the book shows how to begin and sustain a personal practice that helps us move through grief on multiple levels.
- Author BiographyKarla Helbert is a certified yoga instructor trained in Integrated Movement Therapy(R), a therapy that uses the philosophical, physical and spiritual framework of yoga in conjunction with conventional clinical treatment perspectives. She is also a licensed professional counselor (LPC) and a certified Compassionate Bereavement Care(R) provider. She operates a private psychotherapy practice with a focus on loss, grief and bereavement and facilitates bereavement support groups for local hospices and for the MISS Foundation. As a bereaved mother and a trained therapist, she has a deep personal, as well as clinical, understanding of the difficult issues facing those grieving the deaths of loved ones. She is the author of Finding Your Own Way to Grieve: A Creative Activity Workbook for Kids and Teens on the Autism Spectrum. She lives in Richmond, VA.
- Author(s)Karla Helbert
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/10/2015
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Note90 black and white photographs
- Weight408 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byChinnamasta Stiles
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £9.99Trending at £14.99
- £3.76Trending at £3.84
- £12.22Trending at £18.94
- £8.12Trending at £8.57
- £3.89Trending at £5.93
- £8.48Trending at £11.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.