Save on Philosophy
- £10.09Trending at £13.78
- £24.53Trending at £24.80
- £17.55Trending at £18.13
- £31.41Trending at £33.29
- £23.03Trending at £24.22
- £23.39Trending at £24.98
- £13.12Trending at £15.35
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on the theory and practice of yoga. This book offers perspectives on yoga's manifestations and maps the movement, development and consolidation of yoga in global settings. It features contributions from disciplines including anthropology and Philosophy. It is intended for those involved in academic scholarship, and yoga practitioners.
- Author BiographyMark Singleton teaches at St. John's College, Santa Fe, USA. He works on the history of ideas within transnational modern yoga, and he is a contributor to the Encyclopedia of Hinduism (Routledge 2007). Jean Byrne is affiliated with the University of Queensland, Australia and her research explores the intersection of feminist theory and yoga philosophy and practice. She lectures in Eastern Philosophy and runs The Yoga Space in Perth, Australia where she teaches Ashtanga Yoga.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/06/2008
- Series TitleRoutledge Hindu Studies Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white halftones
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byJean Byrne,Mark Singleton
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.