Consider these sponsored items
- £18.28Free postage
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £12.38Trending at £15.18
- £7.52Trending at £9.99
- £6.81Trending at £8.97
- £6.98Trending at £8.98
- £7.52Trending at £8.39
- £6.66Trending at £8.98
- £7.42Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionFollows the heartbreaking path of the Holbrook family in the late 1920s and the Great Depression as they move from the coal mines of Wyoming to a tenant farm in western Nebraska, ending up finally on the kill floors of the slaughterhouses and in the wretched neighborhoods of the poor in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Author BiographyTillie Olsen (1912-2007) grew up in Omaha, Nebraska, and lived most of her adult life in San Francisco. She is the author of Silences and the short-story collection Tell Me a Riddle. Linda Ray Pratt is a professor in and chair of the Department of English at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. She is the author of Matthew Arnold Revisited.
- Author(s)Tillie Olsen
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Introduction byLinda Ray Pratt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.