All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIdentifies, locates and discusses, for the first time, over fifty Yorkshire Women's Land Army hostels between 1939-50.
- Author BiographyMarion Jefferies is a graduate historian with degrees from Birmingham and two Yorkshire universities. Early in her career she was senior mistress at Cambridgeshire Village College, before lecturing in Education at St John's College, York. More recently she was a senior university lecturer, organizing courses in Countryside Management and Landscape Archaeology. Marion's interest in hostels was stimulated by the book she wrote on the history of her own home, which she discovered had been a WLA hostel.
- Author(s)Marion Jefferies
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note40 illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.99
- £8.21Trending at £10.48
- £10.97Trending at £12.38
- £16.82Trending at £24.05
- £14.49Trending at £20.01
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £7.75Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.