All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £15.09Trending at £17.85
- £23.16Trending at £35.81
- £28.01Trending at £33.96
- £24.08Trending at £37.90
- £39.97Trending at £49.73
- £27.89Trending at £38.50
About this product
- DescriptionYoshitoshi was one of the most influential and prolific woodblock print artists of Meiji Japan. This book presents his masterpiece, Tsuki hyakushi ( One Hundred Aspects of the Moon ). Each one of the 100 images in the series is shown in full colour and nearly life size.
- Author BiographyAfter graduating from Oxford at the age of twenty, John Stevenson worked in the USA and Nigeria. He lived for twenty years in Asia and has written on several areas of Asian art. He is the author of Vietnamese Ceramics: A Separate Tradition; Irrawaddy: Benevolent River of Burma; Masami Teraoka: The Floating World Comes of Age; Japanese Kite Prints; and a number of books on the work of Tsukioka Yoshitoshi, including Yoshitoshi's One Hundred Aspects of the Moon and Yoshitoshi's Strange Tales. He has served as acting curator of Chinese art at Seattle Art Museum, and now works in book production.
- Author(s)John Stevenson
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintHotei Publishing,The Netherlands
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1765 g
- Width240 mm
- Height345 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.