All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKen Smith was a major voice in world poetry, his work and example inspiring a whole generation of younger British poets. This collection includes his last poems as well as other uncollected work, along with tributes from other poets, photographs, a biographical portrait and interviews covering the whole range of his life and work.
- Author BiographyKen Smith published 15 books with Bloodaxe. His second collected volume Shed: Poems 1980-2001 (2002) followed The Poet Reclining: Selected Poems 1962-1980 (1982), and houses his later collections Terra, Wormwood, The heart, the border, Tender to the Queen of Spain and Wild Root, along with new poems - but not the last poems now collected post-humously in You Again. Wild Root was a Poetry Book Society Choice and shortlisted for the T.S. Eliot Prize. Smith also wrote books on Berlin and on his time as writer-in-residence at Wormwood Scrubs prison. He received America's prestigious Lannan Literary Award for Poetry in 1997, and a Cholmondeley Award in 1998. Born and bred in Yorkshire, he lived in London for the last twenty years. He contracted Legionnaire's Disease in Cuba, and later died in hospital in London in June 2003.
- Author(s)Ken Smith
- PublisherBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Date of Publication24/06/2004
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTyne and Wear
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £13.91Trending at £19.93
- £9.41Trending at £9.99
- £8.40Trending at £8.52
- £6.72Trending at £8.99
- £7.30Trending at £9.96
- £10.10Trending at £18.16
- £13.40Trending at £26.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.