CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.24Trending at £10.95
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £28.00Trending at £30.19
- £15.72Trending at £15.91
About this product
- DescriptionThis text draws on international work to do with feminity, identity and youth cultures to explore how girlhood is defined and portrayed in contemporary theoretical and popular discourses, and to examine how young women from different social backgrounds and cultural contexts negotiate their gendered identities. Harris at Monash Uni.
- Author BiographySINIKKA AAPOLA is a Researcher in the Department of Sociology at the University of Helsinki, Finland.MARNINA GONICK is a Sociologist specializing in educational sociology and media studies. She is Assistant Professor, Education and Women's Studies, Pennsylvania State University, USA.ANITA HARRIS is a Political Scientist specializing in feminist theory. She lectures in the Centre for Women's Studies and Gender Research in the School of Political and Social Inquiry at Monash University, Australia.
- Author(s)Anita Harris,Marnina Gonick,Sinikka Aapola
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication22/11/2004
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note264 p.
- Weight308 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.