All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Arab Spring uprisings of 2011-2012 across the Middle East have been associated with the underlying grievances of young people. This volume examines the prevailing socioeconomic conditions of youth the eve of the uprisings and assess their role in fomenting the youth-led protests.
- Author BiographyDr. Edward A. Sayre is an associate professor of Economics and Chair of the Department of Political Science, International Development, and International Affairs at the University of Southern Mississippi (USM). Dr. Sayre's research focuses on the economics of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, labor market institutions, and Middle East labor markets. Before starting his current position at USM, Sayre was a visiting research associate at the Palestine Economic Policy Research Institute (MAS) in Jerusalem and taught at Kenyon College and Agnes Scott College. Since 1999 Dr. Sayre has served on the Board of Directors the Middle East Economic Association. Dr. Tarik M, Yousef is Senior Fellow at Brookings who served between 2011 and 2015 as Chief Executive Officer at Silatech, a regional organization promoting youth employment in the Arab world. Prior to that he served as Sheikh Al-Sabah Professor of Arab Studies in the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University and Founding Dean of the Dubai School of Government. He is at present a member of the Boards of Directors of the Arab Banking Corporation and the Central Bank of Libya.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication27/07/2016
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight492 g
- Width163 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byEdward A. Sayre,Tarik M. Yousef
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £19.99Trending at £27.99
- £26.29Trending at £39.82
- £11.76Trending at £14.13
- £17.68Trending at £18.07
- £14.76Trending at £15.09
- £7.63Trending at £7.97
- £14.50Trending at £14.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.