All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.60Trending at £15.23
- £4.68Trending at £4.99
- £4.50Trending at £4.74
- £10.12Trending at £12.98
- £5.50Trending at £6.48
- £8.54Trending at £9.98
- £4.39Trending at £5.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe true story of the US Forest Service's firefighters, the Smokejumpers, who parachuted into a remote forest fire in Montana on August 5th 1949. Three hours later, twelve of them were dead or fatally burned.
- Author BiographyNorman Maclean (1902-1990), woodsman, scholar, teacher, and storyteller, grew up in the Western Rocky Mountains of Montana and worked for many years in logging camps and for the United States Forestry Service before beginning his academic career. He was the William Rainey Harper Professor of English at the University of Chicago until 1973.
- Author(s)Norman Maclean
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/08/1993
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Out-of-print date04/05/2017
- Content Note17 halftones, 2 maps, 4 graphs
- Weight394 g
- Width142 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.