All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £24.06Trending at £28.99
- £21.14Trending at £24.98
- £15.56Trending at £17.98
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £30.24
- £7.81Trending at £10.98
- £19.28Trending at £20.85
About this product
- DescriptionExamines modern theoretical interpretations of social change in relation to young people. This book provides an overview of their experiences in a number of key contexts, such as education, employment, the family, leisure, health, crime and politics. It is suitable as a text for courses on the sociology of youth, education, work, stratification.
- Author BiographyAndy Furlong is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Sociology, University of Glasgow and Director of the Youth, Education and Employment Research Unit. He has written extensively about young people in modern Britain and his recent books include Schooling for Jobs (Avebury 1993) and Growing Up in a Classless Society? (Edinburgh University Press 1992). Fred Cartmel is a Research Associate in the Youth, Education and Employment Research Unit at the University of Glasgow. He has written a number of articles on youth and education.
- Author(s)Andy Furlong,Fred Cartmel
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1997
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleSociology & social change
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Out-of-print date30/05/2009
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight240 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine67 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.