All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Michael E. Bakich
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleThe Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note18 black & white illustrations, 255 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight731 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction.- Total Solar eclipse.- Illustrated Eclipse Glossary.- First Look.- 25 frequently Answered Questions.- Observing the Sun Safely.- How NOT to Observe the Sun.- Rehearsing for the Eclipse.- Cool Products for a Hot Sun.- What Will You See?.- Earthly Effects.- Picking the Right Equipment.- Photographing the Eclipse.- Projects for Observing the Sun and the Eclipse.- Observing Outside the Center Line.- Planning for Eclipse Day.- Eclipse Tours.- Weather Predictions.- 20 Hot Spots for Viewing.- Appendices.- Index.
- Author BiographyMichael E. Bakich is a Senior Editor and Photo Editor for Astronomy magazine. He earned a B.S. in Astronomy from the Ohio State University and an M.A. in Planetarium Education from Michigan State University, and has written and produced dozens of planetarium programs. He serves on the American Astronomical Society Steering Committee for the 2017 Total Solar Eclipse. Previously Springer published his book 1,001 Celestial Wonders to See Before You Die (2010).
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.79
- £12.88Trending at £16.17
- £14.56Trending at £16.22
- £9.98Trending at £10.45
- £7.72Trending at £9.97
- £11.10Trending at £15.01
- £54.14Trending at £82.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.