Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.14
- £24.00Trending at £33.43
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £21.48Trending at £23.41
- £20.99Trending at £25.01
- £16.56Trending at £25.03
- £22.98Trending at £24.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a critical introduction to the intellectual reframing of the history, theory, policy and practice of youth justice and is an essential resource of key debates and controversies from across the range of disciplines engaged in the study of youth in the social sciences.
- Author BiographyJohn Muncie is Emeritus Professor of Criminology at the Open University, UK. He is the author of Youth and Crime (4th edition, Sage, 2014), and he has published widely on issues in comparative youth justice and children's rights, including the co-edited companion volumes Youth Crime and Justice and Comparative Youth Justice (Sage, 2006). He has produced numerous Open University texts and readers, including Crime: Local and Global (Willan, 2010), Criminal Justice: Local and Global (Willan, 2010), The Problem of Crime (2nd edition, Sage, 2001), Crime Prevention and Community Safety (Sage, 2001) and Imprisonment: European Perspectives (Harvester, 1991). He has also contributed nine volumes to the The Sage Library of Criminology (Sage, 2007-2009). He is co-editor of the Sage journal Youth Justice: An International Journal. Eugene McLaughlin is Professor of Criminology and co-director of the Centre for Crime and Justice Research. He is also a member of the Centre for Law Justice and Journalism. He completed his postgraduate criminology studies at the University of Cambridge and the University of Sheffield. Eugene has held various academic appointments including at the University of Hong Kong, the Open University and the University of Southampton. He has also been Visiting Professor at the Department of Sociology, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, the Department of Communication Studies, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill and Distinguished Visiting Fellow at the Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies. He is an associate editor of Crime, Media and Cultureand is on the editorial board of Criminal Justice Matters. He has served on the editorial boards of the British Journal of Criminology, Critical Social Policy, the Howard Journal of Criminal Justice and was co-editor of Theoretical Criminology.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/04/2002
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitlePublished in Association with the Open University
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight953 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byEugene McLaughlin,Gordon Hughes,John Muncie
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.