Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.45Trending at £23.39
- £27.92Trending at £28.21
- £27.19Trending at £29.68
- £25.66Trending at £30.99
- £23.42Trending at £29.79
- £23.46Trending at £23.81
- £19.71Trending at £21.59
About this product
- Author(s)Gill Thompson,Jason Wood,Sue Westwood
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight610 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Table Of Contents1.Introduction Part 1: Principles 2. Preparation for Practice Learning 3. Locating the Self 4. The Ethical Practitioner 5. The Informal Educator Part 2: Contexts 6. The Community Context 7. The Policy and Organisational Context 8. The Partnership Context Part 3: Skills for Practice 9. Frameworks for Practice 10. Supervision 11. Reflective Practice 12. Working with Groups 13. Effective Communication 14. Challenging Oppression 15. Enhancing Participatory Practice
- Author BiographyJason Wood is Head of Sociology and Reader in Social Policy in the School of Social Sciences at Nottingham Trent University, UK. He has teaching and research interests in the relationship between youth work theory, policy and practice. Sue Westwood is Senior Lecturer in Youth and Community Development at De Montfort University, UK. She has specialist expertise in applying psychological theories and principles within the practice of youth and community development work and developing professional practice. Gill Thompson is a Freelance Trainer and Youth and Community Worker and previously worked as Senior Lecturer in Youth and Community Development and Field Placement Co-ordinator at De Montfort University, UK.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.