All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Yucatan Peninsula is home to one of the world's great regional cuisines. With a foundation of native Maya dishes made from fresh local ingredients, it shares much of the same pantry of ingredients and many culinary practices with the rest of Mexico. This title takes you on a gastronomic tour of the peninsula.
- Author BiographyDavid Sterling is founder, proprietor, chef de cuisine, and teacher at Los Dos Cooking School, the first culinary institute in Mexico devoted exclusively to Yucatecan cooking. His work at Los Dos has been featured on The Martha Stewart Show ( Martha in Mexico ) and Mexico: One Plate at a Time with Rick Bayless. He's also been acclaimed by the New York Times, the New Yorker, Gourmet, Travel & Leisure, Globe & Mail, ELLE, National Geographic Traveler, Conde Nast Traveler, and Frommer's.
- PrizesWinner of James Beard Foundation Award 2015.
- Author(s)David Sterling
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- GenreNational & Regional Cuisine
- Series TitleThe William and Bettye Nowlin Series in Art, History, and Culture of the Western Hemisphere
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note385 color and b&w photos, 36 drawings, 3 maps
- Weight2920 g
- Width243 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.59Trending at £4.82
- £30.47Trending at £50.51
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.20
- £7.25Trending at £10.86
- £5.09Trending at £5.55
- £7.81Trending at £10.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.