All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionZookeepers are responsible for the care and welfare of animals in zoos and aquariums and also serve as public ambassadors for the animals. This book offers an overview of the profession geared toward new animal keepers and anyone who needs a foundational account of the topics most important to the day-to-day care of zoo and aquarium animals.
- Author BiographyMark D. Irwin is a licensed veterinarian and associate professor who leads the Zoo Technology program at Jefferson Community College, SUNY, in Watertown, NY, where he trains future zookeepers. John B. Stoner has decades of experience in zoo animal care as a keeper and animal care manager at the Toronto Zoo and is an adjunct faculty member of Sheridan College in Brampton, Ontario, where he teaches exotic animal science. Aaron M. Cobaugh is associate professor and coordinator of the Animal Management program at Niagara County Community College, SUNY, in Sanborn, NY, where he teaches zoo-related courses that train future zookeepers, and is a former keeper himself.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication03/12/2013
- GenreVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note85 halftones, 55 line drawings, 48 tables
- Weight1792 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byAaron M. Cobaugh,John B. Stoner,Mark D. Irwin
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.86Trending at £9.97
- £6.59Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.