All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.12Trending at £10.14
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on the most notorious fashion of the 1940s, Zoot Suit traces its enigmatic career during World War II and after, as it spread from Harlem across the United States and around the world. In so doing, this book offers a new perspective on youth culture and the politics of style.
- Author BiographyKathy Peiss is Roy F. and Jeannette P. Nichols Professor of American History at the University of Pennsylvania. She is the author of Hope in a Jar: The Making of America's Beauty Culture, also available from the University of Pennsylvania Press, and Cheap Amusements: Working Women and Leisure in Turn-of-the-Century New York.
- Author(s)Kathy Peiss
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication23/05/2011
- GenrePopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note28 illus.
- Weight523 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.