The Japanese Sony brand covers a huge range of consumer electronics, as well as global entertainment companies, such as Sony Pictures and Sony Music. The company has often been at the forefront of new technology, revolutionising mobile music with the legendary Sony Walkman in the 1980s and pushing the boundaries of gaming with the PlayStation range of consoles.
The Sony Range
The Sony Range
The Sony range covers most areas of consumer electronics, including:
- Sony cameras
- Sony mobile phones
- Sony tablet computers
- Sony TVs and Sony home cinema
- Sony PlayStation consoles and hand held games
- Sony audio equipment
- Sony in-car entertainment
- Sony smart bands and Sony smart watches
Sony Brand Names
Sony is associated with a number of leading brand names, many of which at the forefront of their respective technology sector. Sony brands include:
- Sony Xperia mobile phones and tablets – such as the Sony Xperia Z3, the waterproof Sony Experia M4 Aqua and the budget Sony Xperia E4g and Sony Xperia E3, along with the Sony Xperia Z4 tablet and the Sony Xperia Z3Compact tablet.
- Sony Bravia televisions – including ultra-thin, high definition models, such as the curved screen Sony Bravia S85C or the Sony Bravia X90C with Android, both of which offer 4K HD.
- Sony PlayStation games consoles – including the PlayStation 4 (PS4), the PlayStation 3 (PS3), the PlayStation Vita (PSVita) and PlayStation Portable (PSP).
- Sony Walkman personal music players- evolved from the original tape machines, these now include state of the art digital music players.
- Sony Cyber Shot fixed lens cameras – from the budget Sony Cyber Shot W800 to the top of the range Sony Cyber Shot RX100 IV
- Sony Alpha (Sony a) interchangeable lens cameras – professional cameras from the entry level Sony a58 to the class leading Sony a99.