Learn the basics
List your item
Sell with ease
Get seller protection
Create a great listing
Write a standout title
- We’ll recommend search terms that buyers often use, so be sure to add these in the title.
- Avoid all caps and focus on specific details like brand, model, size, and color.
Take high-quality photos
- Snap your items from multiple angles in a well-lit place, and capture any blemishes for transparency.
- On the eBay app, you can clean up your images and add a white background.
Pick a purchase format
- If you want to sell your item quickly, Buy it Now is probably the best format for you.
- Otherwise, if you want to try your luck and shoot for the best possible price, choose Auction.
Set the right price
- We will recommend a price based on recent sales of similar items.
- You can even watch how other sellers are pricing their items, or use Best Offer to negotiate and sell faster.
Ship with ease
- We provide recommendations for delivery, but to save on shipping, use an eBay delivery label.
- Plus, if you’re selling locally, you can also offer Local Pickup.
How much does it cost to sell on eBay?
Once your item sells, you’ll only pay for any optional upgrades you choose, and a final value fee. Your first 1,000 listings each month are free and, after, there’s a 35p insertion fee per listing. Learn more about fees
What’s the best way to send my item?
We’ll help you pick which delivery methods you want to offer. By offering more than one delivery option, you can attract different types of buyers. Once the item has sold, purchase a label from eBay, prefilled with your buyer’s address. When you print a postage label on eBay, you'll save money compared to what you'd pay to a carrier for most services. Pack your item, apply the label and take it to the nearest drop-off location or have it collected.
Can I sell locally on eBay?
When creating your listing, select local collection as a delivery option. Once the buyer pays, they’ll receive a QR code and a 6-digit code, which you can scan or enter with the app to confirm the sale.
How much will it cost to post my item?
We provide a number of discounted delivery options through partnerships with major carriers. Review our eBay delivery postage rates to see how much it will cost to send your item. eBay delivery postage rates to see how much it will cost to send your item. Consider building the postage cost into the item’s price, to appeal to buyers who are looking for free delivery.
How will the buyer pay for my item?
Buyers can use a variety of payment methods such as credit and debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal and PayPal Credit.
How should I choose my listing price?
For most items, we can provide a price recommendation for you based on recently sold, similar items. How you price your item can depend on how you prefer to sell it—Auction or Buy It Now. Choose a lower starting price for auctions to create more interest. Buyers will make you offers that you can accept or decline with Best Offer.
How does eBay protect sellers?
We understand that things can happen that are out of your control as a seller. When they do, we have your back. Learn more about seller protection. Learn more about seller protection
What can I sell on eBay?
You can sell almost anything, from homemade goods to used or unused items from your closet. We restrict items that violate any laws, or infringe on intellectual property.
How do I create an account?
To get started, select List an item. We’ll help you create and verify your account, and set-up payment information, during your first listing. Have your preferred payment account details on hand and be ready to receive a call or text on your phone for verification.
When will I get paid?
You can choose to receive payouts of available funds daily or weekly. Regardless of how the buyer pays, payouts are within 1 business day. Any sellers not eligible will have payment initiated within two business days (Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays) of confirming the buyer’s payment. While the vast majority of users should receive the money in their account within hours of the payment being initiated, some sellers may experience longer times due to their bank processing.