1. Read the recipe throughly before doing anything! to avoid pitfalls like (and .....soak overnight)
2. Use a good set of scales and accurately weigh all ingreedients carefully, don't rely on guesswork
3. Prep ingreedients first and have ready when required, chopping other ingereedients whilst your onions burn is not a good move.
4. Make sure you have the right cooking equipment for the job, a good baking tin, or a sharp knife are worth their weight in gold
5. Don't leave items cooking without checking, oven temperatures fluctuate and if you leave something cooking for 40 mins at 200 degrees C it may well end up burnt!
Happy Cooking to you all