A Guide To Set Starview Keys Manually
Views 12 Likes Comments Comment
16 August 2008
How To Insert Keys In The Starview Cable Boxes.
Starview boxes are extremely popular on eBay and have been around for a number of years. Many different types of cable boxes have been available on ebay also these vary from the starview to eurovox, nokia dbox and the Box. By far starview has been the most popular since these cable boxes require some technical know how in setting up and configuring. However the Starview box has been far the cheapest of the cable boxes and its no brainer set up has by far made it the most easiest to set up and get going.
However the Starview box is not without it problems and issues. Cloned starview boxes have been a problem when it comes to updating to the latest software, and suppliers of genuine starview box do not take this issue lightly and will only distribute software for genuine starview boxes. The main function of the software is to update the keys that descramble channels on the box. Here is a simple guide to update keys on the starview box when you do not have the latest software installed or you need to at least insert the keys once to make the starview box update everytime thereafter.
1) Press Menu on the Starview box remote.
2) Key in 1570 on the remote, this should takes you to a secret menu
3) From the option available press OK on nagravision option.
4) Moving from left to right select your local region.
5) Now just change the keys for 00 and 01.
6) You must save the keys for each number on the starview box i.e. save the keys for 00 and then insert the keys for 01.
and change both keys 00, and key 0.
7) Exit this menu on the starview box and on the previous menu you would make sure the EMU is on.
This should update the Starview box and it should work fine.
Please note that this guide for the Starview box is for educational and information purposes only.
Have something to share, create your own guide... Write a guide
Explore more guides