My pen turning mandrel and why I like it
This is my first guide, so I would like to keep it simple and easy to read. I have used different pen mandrels but by far have found this one the best and he are the reasons why
- It holds my blanks in place with compression for better accuracy
- Less vibration is a must as I have achieved a lot better cuts(especially with the skew)
- Includes your hollow revolving centre
- if you make lots of pens this is more efficient for the reasons as above , compression for more accuracy and less vibration, which gives me a better and more effect cut( again was great for people who struggle with skew)
- The pen kit is extremely easy and quick to use and it does have a great selection of spacers and end to end guide bushes.
- I have notice also the mandrel does not seem to bend when to much pressure is applied from the tail stock.
- Excellent build. I would recommend this every time for an experience or beginner in pen turning.
- Available in 1 morse taper or 2