What is best offer?
Best offer is your opportunity to negotiate on the Buy It Now price of an item. Everyone loves to get a great deal and Best Offer gives you the opportunity to get some money off
How does it work?
When you submit a best offer the offer remains in place for 48 hours or until the item finishes whichever is sooner. If the buyer accepts the offer the item closes immediately with you as the winner.
Points to remember with best offer are:
- An accepted Best Offer is a commitment to buy.
- Other buyers can submit best offers while your offer is still active – so you could lose the item if you haven’t submitted your very best offer!
- Once the item closes a best offer cannot be accepted, even if the item is re-listed! Allow plenty of time for your offer to be considered, there is no need to wait until the listing is about to finish.
- Remember the seller puts the opportunity for you to negotiate on his listing, sensible offers will always be considered but ridiculous offers are just going to waste both your time and the sellers time. Are you really going to get that £100 item for a £2 offer?
- You can always contact the seller first with your proposed offer as some listings only allow 1 offer to be submitted per buyer. This is especially useful as buyer IDs are partially hidden to sellers on best offer and you may have been very close to the sellers minimum acceptance price but he/she will not be able to contact you to tell you this.
To submit your Best Offer:
- Find a listing that accepts Best Offers.
- Click the “Make Offer” button link in the listing.
- Enter your Best Offer price.
- Enter an optional message to the seller in the Message text field.
- Review the terms at the bottom of the page, select the tick box and then click the Continue button.
- Review the information on the Review and Commit Best Offer page and then click Commit Best Offer button.
I hope this short guide proves useful, if you have any questions please let me know